Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Now that you can buy alcohol . . .

My dearest Audrey,

I love you.  I can remember the very first time I even heard about you--I drew a picture of what I thought you would look like and gave it to you (and a pack of Oreos) as a welcome-to-the-hood present.  If only I could put to words how great our friendship has been--solving mysteries, watching worms under our magnifying glasses every time it rained, finding ghost stories wherever possible, eating our favorite foods, beating the boys in Nintendo, singing songs at the tops of our lungs (singing in church . . .), acting like secret agents as we asked/answered to dances, WATER POLO, reading Harry Potter, riding our bikes at the school, our many sleepovers, etc.

But not only do we have fabulous memories, but you have been a true and loyal friend throughout the years:
  • When you gave away your gel pen collection so that we could still be friends
  • When you sat for hours nursing my sunburns in Lake Powell
  • When you bore hanging out with Alex and me just so that I could be with him
  • When you drove me places
  • When you listen to me talk about random things
  • When you supported me after boys were stupid
  • When you helped me survive calculus and english
  • When you helped me during my wisdom teeth stuff
  • Etc.
I am so grateful for your friendship, and I am so happy you were born to my wonderful foster parents these 21 years ago.  And I tried to find pictures that described us best . . .






happy birthday audrey!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

hahahahaha this was awesome. made my whole life. I love our memories together.