Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shooting for the Moon. Literally.

Right now I am in the process of applying for summer internships with companies.  Like, big business companies that ask you interview questions about their stock and about the Cabinet and about current events.  (I should maybe also note that these interviews are an hour long, yikes.)

So, naturally, I've had to up my game and start becoming more literate on current events.  It's been a work in progress for a few months now . . . but the only problem is that I don't have anywhere to let out my opinions.  And I have one that is dying to get out.


Honestly?  Who in their right mind would want to LIVE on the moon?!  Yeah, it was an awesome fantasy when we were kids and didn't realize the type of life you'd have to lead (i.e., gross food, sponge baths, spacesuit patches as your only accessories) but we need to be realistic as adults here.  I don't know if Newt is just trying to win the votes of imbeciles (sorry if that's too harsh) or trying to compete with the Russians, but no matter what, it's stupid and irrational.

Gingrich wants grandiose?  What about taking on the grand feat of getting rid of our nation's absurdly large debt?  (As opposed to, oh I don't know, adding to it?)  How's that for grandiose?  It's definitely a challenge that no one else has seemed to handle too well.

(I'm not even going to get into the amount of money that the GOP candidates are spending on negative campaign ads.  Wouldn't it be better for their image if they were using some of that money to maybe help the communities that they are trying to appeal to?  That would definitely display what their actions would be like as President.  And I know that they are supposed to build themselves up next to competitors . . . but only pointing out the negative things that competitors have done is just leading to dissatisfaction with all of the candidates.  I would rather have a candidate who makes me want to vote for them because of the good things they have done rather than the awful things their competitors have done.  But sorry, I said I wasn't going to get into that so I'll just stop now.)

Obviously I've had some pent-up editorial writing (as opposed to bland, plain, opinion-less research papers), so sorry you had to deal with the brunt of it.  I don't want to be too critical--I'm sure it's very difficult to be under the pressure of the race--but I just had to get that out.

3 comments:

lizzy said...

wait....i still do want to live on the moon.....

anna said...

Shoot. This is awkward . . .

jane said...

Anna talks politics and gets dirty.