Thursday, September 8, 2011

story time

I was late for school today. I am almost always late for school.

I was walking briskly, my legs burning, my brow beading with sweat. I could hear the light grinding of small rocks behind me- the familiar sound of rubber tires against the concrete. 

I could tell the rider was getting closer. He appeared in my view, passing me on my left. It was not a bicyclist as I had expected. It was a young man on a unicycle, his immaculate white socks glaring at me as they clung to his wirey, hairy calves. 

"I hate unicycles." I thought to myself, suddenly filled with rage. "They hardly go faster than walking and they're so pretentious." I clenched my fists, staring at the idiot on the unicycle and decided today he would pay for his moronic choice of transportation. 

I saw my arms reach out in front of me, in disbelief of what I was doing. I hit him square in the backpack, shoving him and his stupid seat-clad wheel onto the ground, his face smearing against the grass and mud. He screamed in terror as I stood above him. 

"What is wrong with you?!" He asked me holding back salty tears. 

I looked him directly in the eye, staring deep into his poor, unintelligent soul. I looked to his mangled unicycle, laying incompetently in the grass next to him, its idiotic wheel still spinning slowly. I looked back to him and understanding and shame spread across his face. His lesson had been learned.

I turned on my heel and walked away. 

8 comments:

lizzy said...

i see this guy everywhere at byu....maybe you could come teach him a lesson too. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=336607675301&set=a.38767930301.114125.579415301&type=1&theater

anna said...

JANE. I am in the library right now, trying so hard not to laugh. I wish I had the guts to actually push someone over. I wish I could have been there.

jane said...

Ha unfortunately this is not a true story. Just an urge I had but supressed.

anna said...

Ah dang it. Maybe just carry some silly string around with you and next time you see him attack him with that.

jane said...

I'm thinking about carrying a stick that I'll shove in the spokes of the wheel when he passes.

jane said...

Also I'm a little worried about what this says about my personality that you thought this was true haha

anna said...

Well . . . what can I say? haha I was actually shocked as I was reading it. Proud, but shocked. So don't worry.

aubrey said...

hahaa oh jane, you are the best! I wish you had done it, but I am glad that you at least made it a reality in writing haha