Saturday, September 10, 2011

Campaigning

Hey all!
Sorry I haven't been too good at posting or commenting but I am reading all the posts and they always give me a good laugh. So here is a story of my own:

Today I went to Delaware, yes Delaware. I had to be up at 7:30 this morning then drove 2 hours to a town festival in Milford Delaware. I was helping campaign for our one and only Mitt Romney. He had to get 500 signatures to be put on the primary ballot. So I walked around this cute town festival asking all kinds of people if they were republican. The dialogue went a little something like this:
      me: "Excuse me, are you a registered republican voter?"

The answers to this question varied:
      person: "Yes I am can we please get the democrats out of there?"
        Usually with an American flag on their shirt

      person: "haha you wash your mouth out little lady for asking me that question"
        These people were an old couple that looked like republicans

      person: "I am a felon and can't vote" (one of my personal favorites)
         All the tattoo folk

      person: "Is he that mormon guy? Well I like Perry"
           People sitting on their lawn chairs while eating hotdogs and drinking beers

      person: "I am a democrat but wished I was republican"
            Old grandma's and grandpa's

      person: "I am an independent" (otherwise known as I'm not signing anything)
              Everything else you could think of

Well I ended up with 21 signature and as a group we had 250 so I felt pretty good about it. And the best news was that along the way I got plenty of business cards to host jewelry parties, entered countless contests (none of which I won), and got to people watch till 5:00 at night.

5 comments:

anna said...

Hahah I wish I could've been people watching with you! But good work--Prof. Lawrence and TA Gee would be proud.

aubrey said...

haha sounds like my kind of fun! haha

Audrey said...

hahaha I loved everything about this post.

Mallory Bell said...

This is so great, sounds like you are experiencing and learning so much Carli! I miss you!

Megen McConkie said...

hahaha that's hilarious. You know when I grow up I'm going to be just like that old couple who told you to wash your mouth out.