Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[insert cheesy engagement title here]

Sooo I'm engaged! Here's the story. I copied it from my blog that I made for me and Cj (it's cjandaudrey.blogspot.com pretty cheesy so far. deal with it)

On September 30th, Cj got in a car accident and had to go under for surgery on his eyelid (more on this later). As he was coming out of the anesthesia he said so sadly, "And I was going to propose in eight days." I just rubbed his shoulder and said, "I don't think you wanted to tell me that, but it's ok. You can propose whenever you'd like." I thought it was so funny that he spilled that information, yet so cute because he was so bummed about it. The next day I asked him if he remembered telling me that he was going to propose in eight days. He just looked at me kind of bummed again and said, "I did? Shoot. Yeah I was going to."

Well eight days later...
We had been wanting to go to the outlets for sometime. Cj needed some new shirts for work and I wanted to go see the sale at JCrew. My Dad had called me earlier that day and asked if I would go get the shotgun because he was going to the range that week. I thought nothing of it. "Sure Dad, we'll totally just stop on the way and get it." After shopping, we headed over to the ranch.

Once we got to the ranch, I tried to find the keys to get into the house, but couldn't find them Thanks Kyle for putting them in the soda machine. Anyways, we were walking around the ranch just talking, when he said that we should go sit up in this...

 
... that's next to the river that flows through my ranch. We were sitting and talking and he started to act really weird. He was asking me questions like, "So how are things going with your roommates?" I burst out laughing and said, "What is this a bishops interview? Cj you know how things are going you see them everyday! What is your deal right now?" Then we continued on talking and he got quiet for a little.  Then he told me that the real reason we were here was not to get my Dad's shot gun, but that he wanted to propose, but before he proposed he wanted to say a few things. He talked about when he first saw me and came to know me; how he fell in love with me; what he loved about me; he said that he couldn't wait to start our lives together. He then made a few promises; he promised that he would always be a worthy priesthood holder and a good father to our children; he promised that he would always love and cherish me. He said that I didn't know how much I meant to him and how I've been the greatest blessing in his life. Then he got down on a knee and asked me to marry him.

What he said before he proposed was honestly the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my whole life. I wish I could remember word for word what he said. It was so sweet because he got all choked up as he was talking. One thing I love about Cj, is when he talks I can feel that he loves me. As he was saying those words, I could feel his love for me.

Afterwards, we carved our initials and the date so we'd always have something to look back on. As we were driving back he was talking about how he wanted to take me somewhere that meant something to me and a place that we could always go back to. The ranch was perfect because not only do I love it there, but we'll always go back and be able to show our kids one day.

 
We went back to my house and my parents obviously knew that he was proposing tonight. They were so excited for us. Emily, my little sister, and her friends were over. They all sat their with their faces in their hands as we told how he proposed. They then ran and told the neighborhood that I was engaged. They're so funny. 


This is my ring.

The picture doesn't do the ring any justice because it is so much prettier in person. My mom let me use her original band and then Cj bought the diamond. I love it because it has so much meaning. I'm obsessed with it. I still can't stop looking at it and I still can't believe that I have a ring on my finger!

I've been so blessed to have my loved ones in my life be so excited for me! Not only do I feel loved by Cj, but everyone that has congratulated me over the days. I'm so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life!

6 comments:

Carli Claflin said...

The perfect story to go with the most perfect couple! I can't wait to get to know C.J better. I love seeing you so happy Audrey! Congrats!!

Megen McConkie said...

AHHHHHHH! Audrey! So exciting- I love this! Can't wait to meet C.J.! It sounds like you guys are perfect for each other! Makes me so happy!

aubrey said...

Audge!! haha I was screaming when I read your announcement on Facbook but now that I know how it happened I am even more excited! You guys are so adorable!! I can't wait! Love you!

Mallory Bell said...

CONGRATS! Audrey how exciting. Your ring is absolutely beautful! How fun, cant wait to meet him!!

jane said...

oh my gosh audrey. i am so happy for you! and your ring is GORGEOUS! cutest story ever. i got all butterfly-y reading it. ahh. i love love ha

lizzy said...

you know how i feel about your ring. i can't focus in stats because its sparking in my face